How To Host You Website For Free With 15 GB Of Storage
How To Host You Website For Free 15 GB of storage and that’s for free. Yes I’m taking about Google Drive, Google Drive not only stores your file but also helps you to host your own made website and have a chance to become a website owner. You just need a domain (It will also work without domain, but have some problems). Now a days many static websites are hosted in google because of the free space they provide. If you want to run a blog or a simple information website, it’s good idea to run it in google drive without any charges for hosting, you can change it to a good server when your site earn good popularity.
How To Host You Website For Free
Why Google Drive
Google is one of the best online file back up site and it is famous for it’s free space provided for its users. It gives 15 gb for free space to users and it has it’s own text editors in which you can edit the uploaded file. If you have to edit your html or any other source file, then you don’t have to edit and upload the new version but you can do it in drive. In this tutorial I will try to teach you: How To Host You Website For Free
- How To Upload Files To Google Drive
- How To Make It Public
- How To Change It To A Custom Domain And Why
So Let’s Start
How To Upload Files To Google Drive
- Go to Google Drive
- Sign In to drive if you are not already signed in.
- Then click on New Button
- Now Folder Upload (For some users it is not working so I recommend folder upload first and fill the contents to the folder via File Upload). How To Host You Website For Free
- Now click OK, then you can see a box with a heading Uploading Some Number Files.
After finishing the upload you can see the folder which you have uploaded (my case it is web).
- Now Right Click On The Folder.
- Then select Share (The option after Open With).
- Click Advanced in the bottom right of the pop up box.
- Then Click Change straight to “Private – Only you can access”.
- Now click on the radio button left to On – Public on the web. This help us to make our website visible to the whole world, without any sign in using google, or any other limitation.
- Click Save as shown in the figure 9.
- Now click on Done, that’s it we have made it public.
Now it is the time for preview, so let’s have a look at the preview. But what is the web address, do you know. So next step is to find it.
- Double click on the folder.
From the address bar copy the the code after folders/.
Now open a new tab and in the address bar type googledrive.com/host/ the code
for me it is:
You want to change 0B-394akrPMoSVVZGVFF4Tk1YQ3c to our code.
Know if you observe it carefully you can see that the address has changed. For me it is:
Do you get an address, yes this is your website and its now hosted on the internet for free. If you wish you can add a custom domain name for the website. How To Host You Website For Free